Where have I been? What have I been doing? Why trying out mascara, of course!
I decided to give Boots No. 7’s new Extravagant Lashes mascara a go. As you may already know, I usually don't like No7 products but I couldn't resist a new mascara and the name of this one had me pretty excited. Sad, I know!

Boots’ words:

“Extravagant loading for luxurious volume and a memory polymer that lifts and curls lashes.”

The image shows a unique pink brush, I have to admit that I was a little disappointed to find that the brush was black. The really unique feature of this mascara is that it has a square brush. I was looking forward to having extravagant, dramatic lashes.

Firstly let me say that I really like the packaging, It's quite classy. Although I was excited about trying the square brush I was a little concerned that the size and shape of the brush would make it difficult to apply, particularly behind my lashes and lower lashes.

I started by applying one coat. I took my time as I found the brush was a little large for the size of my lid. The brush felt too chunky and because of it's squareness I had to manoeuvre the wand away from my skin. This is definitely not a mascara I would choose when in a hurry, it would be all over my face! I like mascara's with big wands but I feel this one needs to be tapered.

Initially the brush helped lift the lashes. However, after a few coats my lases started to stick together, it did not separate the lashes. It is also really hard to coat the back of my lashes, which is a necessity for me since I have such fair lashes.

It does give a smooth and non-flaky finish but it didn't give lift. It also provided less than average volume.

Overall, It's very disappointing. This won't be staying in my make-up bag.
Bottom line, the name 'Extravagant Lashes' is a bit of a stretch. This mascara cost €16, I feel robbed!